Tuesday 24 May 2016

Ive not disappeared !

Just a quick note to say ive not fallen off the face of the earth .....theres been lots going on and theres been stuff going on with the house that involved concrete dust over everything , ive been sewing but not as much as i would have liked but its been difficult with all the disruption ....anyway ive made quite a few pretty dresses but i still havent got my computer back , i would advise never buy a Dell computer ! 2 weeks out of a one year warranty it broke , it has now been at the official Dell repair centre for a month and i have an updated message today to say the computer has now been recieved and is in a queue for diagnostics ...im so cross as they recieved it on the 25th of april ! , 2 weeks ago they were telling me there was a delay as they were awaiting parts , its their inhouse repair centre , youd think it would have all parts needed ,also its a call centre in india which is totally frustrating with no way of getting a number to contact for complaints or a number of the uk repair centre .....ive been using richs computer when i can but im only on it as a temporary guest user , so all my usual photo editing stuff isnt on it , i cant rotate , resize or crop photos but im going to have to look into how i can do it so i can list some clothes as at the moment im running out of models for the dresses ive made .....ive also got some dolls here to sell for a friend waiting to be listed ......so thats my news , i just thought id keep you posted xxxx

14 comments:

  1. Nice to know you are ok, if covered in dust and waiting for a computer that's been gone for weeks but some how they've only just looked at! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Sarah, it never rains but it pours! But I always miss your listings anyway, I'd be too slow to catch a cold!!!
    But I love seeing what you've made and I can but try!
    Miss you though!
    Bighugs S xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well its not just raining , feels like theres a hurricaine here but thats another story ! xxxx

      Delete
  3. Oh dear, what bad news with regard to your computer. I never had a Dell and for sure will never buy one, as you sugested. I am happy learing that you are well and fine and that you haven't left us .. lol .. the Sasha Dolls Collectors ;-). With a big hug, Liss xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear from you. I miss seeing your clothes even if it is mostly after they've all been sold on your side of the world. Shall try looking at 5am when your computer is back. I'm not sure that computer woes are only confined to Dell though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think my problem with Dell is their non exsistant customer services , theyre very good when your buying not so good when theres a problem ! xxx

      Delete
  5. We, the Lowcocks, call this Lowcocks' Luck! We know just how it feels as nothing ever happens here one problem at a time! But it does pass and then 'normality' feels most odd.
    Hope it's all over for you very soon.
    Jenni!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks jenni, i think youve sent some of your lowcocks luck to my house at the minute , lots going on all very stressful , i just hope "normality " returns soon xxxx

      Delete
  6. So good of the Dell people to decide they wouldn't sell a Linux-operated machine in Germany, else I might have bought one. It's so frustrating to discuss things with a call center where no one really knows anything. Have you tried to send them lots of emails? As in, at least two per day? Sometimes that works.

    But as I understand you will have LOTS of outfits to sell when you have your computer back, so there's hope I might get one too this time ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes very frustrating talking to a foreign call centre where the english isnt that good, ive phoned lots of times getting a different response every time and then i was given an email of someone i could contact direct , he was quite helpful untill i started getting cross and emailing twice a day ...so much so he doesnt reply anymore ! xxx

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry to hear you are dealing with Dell, Sarah. They are notorious for failing just before the warranty expires. They were once considered top of the line, but when the original creator/owner sold the company it went down hill pretty quickly. I thought I read Dell bought ithe company back to repair his good name. Apparently not much has changed. I make it a point not to purchase products with foreign customer service but sometimes it cannot be avoided. I hope your repair moves quickly, it's no fun dealing with computer problems. Unfortunately they have become a necessity for most of us. Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing your lovely dresses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi joni, a very helpful sasha friend got me the email of the CEO of the whole company , i wrote about my treatment and how cross i was and then low and behold that evening a very friendly man phones to tell me he has seen to it personally that my computer was repaired that afternoon and it will be shipped back to me after the bank holiday , he noted a whole series of errors, mainly computer errors but he agreed that the customer services should have told me the truth and shouldnt have been telling me a different made up story every time we spoke ...so fingers crossed it will be back at the end of the week....in the meantime ive managed to upload pics onto this computer and will lisat them in a minute xxxx

      Delete